Saturday, March 16, 2019

Cixouss The Laugh of the Medusa Against Showalters Feminist Criticism

Cixouss The Laugh of the Medusa Critiqued Against Showalters Essay Feminist Criticism in the wild         In learning about womens rightist theory this semester, one caprice that arose from class discussions was the notion of essentialism.  Essentialism, a theory that stresses essence as debate to existence, was discussed at length and while some classmates found it to reductionary and clich&233, it is a research that I assume must be asked of ecriture feminine indite.  Does ecriture feminine indite essentialize women?  If it does, is essentializing women problematic?    One evaluate of ecriture feminine by the feminist critique and gynocricitics is that the former essentializes women.  In my own understanding of feminist theory, I come related to ecriture feminine in my writing and remember that women should hold open from their bodies, should write as women, but there were some interesting points raised in cla ss by classmates who do not argue with ecirture feminines position.  This paper forget look at the issue surround essentialism whether a woman writing from her body essentializes women.  Ironically, although I find the writing of ecriture feminine writers to be engaging, touch on and meaningful, I have chosen to write this paper in a linear, structured and straightforward manner.  As an exegesis piece of work, I still believe that the notions of writing from female experience and acknowledging female difference are possible.        I will look at an example of Ecriture Feminine writing, that of French feminist Helene Cixouss The Laugh of the Medusa.  This work will then be c... ... is intelligibly a gynocritic, I argue that she disregard be seen to support the endeavor to an ecriture feminine way of looking at womens writing and language.  My reasoning merchant ship this argument is that I believe the reason why Showalt er objects to ecriture feminine writing is because she believes that ecriture feminine essentializes women and that sees essentialism to be harmful to feminist theory.  Because I do not think that ecirture feminine essentializing women (in a problematic way), I argue that Showalter can reinforce the notions behind ecriture feminine.         Showalter argues that we need to ask much more searchingly what we want to know and how we can find answers to the questions that come from our experience (Showalter 2000 311).              

No comments:

Post a Comment